Whether or not to buy a particular property is a major decision many people are faced with. How do you really know if the property you’re interested in is a good investment or is it someone else’s problem dressed up to look wonderful but could be a financial nightmare to fix up. The answer is to have pre-purchase inspections done on The Gold Coast for any property you are interested in. This will show you the real facts about the property and you can then make an informed decision on whether or not to purchase it.
Pre-purchase property inspections are necessary because;
- Cosmetic repairs
Many properties are carefully tidied up by their owners before they are placed on the market. They may look fantastic, but a bit of filler and some cleaver painting can conceal many problems that the ordinary person is likely to miss.
The purpose of pre-purchase property inspections is so that you can be sure that the property that you’re looking at is in a structurally sound condition, has no major defects or conditions that could cause.
When you have pre-purchase inspections done by an experienced and qualified building inspector, you will have a written account telling you about the condition of the property. This means:
- You will be aware of any significant defects in the property
- You’re in a great position to negotiate with the seller to get a better price because you can show what needs to be done
- You can ask advice and get costing from specialists such as engineers or builders to rectify any problems
- You will then be able to make a properly informed decision about the property, whether or not to make an offer as well as having a good idea of the property’s true market value
Pre-purchase inspections will cover areas such as
- The building’s exterior and interior
- Structural defects and cracks
- The condition of the roof and internal roof space
- The sub-floor and sub-floor spaces
- Retaining walls, both structural and nonstructural
- Boundary and internal fencing
- Damage from pests, although you should also have a full pest inspection
- Water damage to any areas
- Garages and carports
- Separate out buildings such as garden sheds, toilets or laundries
- Steps and staircases
- Pathways and drives
- Storm water run-off and drainage
- Plumbing and drains
- Exterior lighting
Having pre-purchase pest inspections on The Gold Coast properties you’re interested in purchasing is vital. This is because being semi-tropical; The Gold Coast is home to a huge variety of pests that could not only be a nuisance and reduce the property value, but could compromise its structural integrity, making it unsafe. A pest inspection will reveal to you the exact and complete condition of a property that’s inspected with regard to pests.
It’s often very difficult for most people to tell if a property has a pest problem or has had a pest invasion problem in the past. Many properties are renovated often to hide the fact that they have had pest problems. When you have pest inspections by qualified and experienced inspectors you will get a written report that tells you the full details.
Knowing the true facts about pests in or around a property helps you to determine its true value and allows you the opportunity to discover the cost involve with any subsequent restoration or repairs that may be required. This knowledge along with a pre-purchase building inspection can give you an advantage when negotiating a fair price with the owners and helps determine what you can afford to offer or indeed if the property is right for you or not.