IELTS exam is given by those candidates who have applied for student or working VISA in the countries where English is considered their native language. The IELTS test examines your understanding of the English language, and after examining your performance in the exam, they score you based on bands. These bands are scaled between 1-10 in which 1 band is the lowest and 10 band is the highest.
During preparing for the IELTS exam, many candidates get confused about which and what kind of material to refer to. Referring to the relevant study material is highly important for all the candidates appearing for the exam. If we refer to the study material that is not good enough and doesn’t consist of all types of questions, there are high chances to lose many marks in the exam.
For any doubts feel free to consult any PTE Coaching Classes. As they will offer you the best guidance because they are into this business for a very long time.
In this blog, I will be listing a few aspects to be considered while choosing the material you are planning, referring to. If you consider these points while choosing your practice material, you will select the right kind of practice material.
- See if all the sections are included
- The IELTS test consists of a total of 4 sections: Reading, Writing, Speaking, and Listening. Ensure that the practice material you are planning to refer to has questions and explanations related to all these four sections.
- It is important because if the explanation related to all these sections is not mentioned, you will not be able to understand how you can solve the questions in these different sections.
- See if they have given test questions
- Good study material will always offer you test questions after every section. Make sure you choose a study material which has included test sections in their practice material.
- This will help you see that the sections which you have covered are fully prepared by you or not. This information also helps you know if you need to rework this section or not, as the test results will help you understand how much you have understood from this section.
- Consult IELTS classes
- Before finalizing any study material, make sure you consult some IELTS coaching institute. Many IELTS academic training classes give you free consultation. They will help you get some idea about what kind of material or questions should be referred to while preparing for the IELTS exam.
- Look if they offer Mock tests
- When you purchase ant study material, see if they are offering mock tests in that material. Mock tests are usually provided in the material as they help you measure your growth in the preparation.
- It is essential to finalize materials only after seeing if they offer mock tests because mock tests are the essential part of your preparation.
- Seek reviews from past students
- Before finalizing the practice material, make sure you review the past students who have already referred to that study material. This information will help you know how much this material was helpful to them and how it will help you.
- Talking to the people who have referred to this study material will also give you a view about how much they scored in the exam from referring to this material. This will help you decide whether to refer to this material or not.
The study material for the PTE exam should consist of all the points stated above as study material is the only source form that you will prepare for the PTE exam. If the study material is not accurate, there are chances that you can lose high marks in the exam, and we don’t want that to happen. Our goal is to score high marks in the exam, so we need to choose the best study material for ourselves.