If you have bought a home with a pool or driveway then you will see that these areas are installed with special pavers. These pavers are known as stone pavers. Stone pavers are basically stones that are used to build flat and easily accessible surfaces for walkways, patios, driveways, and pool decks.
These pavers are available in a range of patterns, features, and sizes. So, if you are willing to change your patio or driveway pavers then visit Atlas Tile and Stone as they are one of the biggest stone suppliers in Melbourne. While if you don’t know the different types of stone pavers then you have come to the right place.
Here is the classification of stone pavers that you need to know before buying.
Bricks have been used as a building material for centuries. Today, bricks are used as a surfacing material. These pavers are made from moulded clay that is baked in a kiln and is set onto a mortar or sand base.
Brick pavers can be laid in a variety of patterns and colour combinations and are rich in texture, character, and colour.
- The biggest pros of brick pavers is that they are available in many colours and shapes and can be laid in a range of patterns to realize distinct visual effects.
- Apart from that, brick pavers are made from clay which is a natural material that can be reused and cleaned, making it great as an eco-friendly alternative.
Concrete has been used as a paving material for driveways and roadways. Just like brick pavers, concrete pavers are also available in a wide range of colours, sizes, and textures. You can also get concrete pavers with different thicknesses to customize the way you need it. Further, concrete pavers offer a more natural look and leave an effortless minimal finish.
- Concrete pavers are easy to install
- Comes in a variety of colours, shapes, sizes, and thicknesses
- Uses low-cost raw materials
- More durable than poured concrete
Marble is a metamorphic rock that is formed when limestone is exposed to extremely high heat and pressure. Due to this, it disarranges crystal particles, leaving a beautiful and unique pattern.
Marble is used for residential and commercial purposes for patios, driveways, walkways, and even grass-yard lanes.
- Marble has a smooth and regal polish which makes it look elegant when compared to other pavers made of stones and granites.
- Marble will give your driveway, pool deck, and flooring a unique pattern and natural tone
- Marble is highly durable and will surely last very long as compared to other paving materials
- Marble pavers will boost your home’s value if you ever wish to sell it.
Alike marbles, travertine is an all-natural and eco-friendly option that can be used in many different ways. Travertine is made when sedimentary rocks are formed and developed under pressure and changing temperatures. For many homeowners, travertine is a popular option for outdoor landscaping and flooring. The availability of travertine will never be a problem because it is found almost everywhere in the world.
- Travertine is very durable and will add value to your home
- Is natural and environmental-friendly
- Cheaper than marble
- Available in a wide range of tones and colours
- Doesn’t fade or discolours
- And it insulates heat so it doesn’t heat up during summer days
Bluestone is a variety of sandstone that is used to create sophisticated and sustainable driveways. Alike other stone pavers in Melbourne, bluestone is also available in various shapes and sizes. Moreover, you can get many looks from bluestone as it can be crushed into gravel, left in giant slabs or cut into distinct patterns of tiles.
- Is very durable and can be shaped into any basic shape
- This material can be integrated with various paving materials
Do you wish to change the look and style of your patio? It’s time to browse for an exclusive collection of different types of stones and pavers for your next patio renovation. Visit their website atlastilestone.com.au for different types of paving materials, tiles, and stones to choose from their collection.